Monday 31 December 2012

Heater (again :)

More fiddling with the heater. I wasn't really happy with the bottom hose 45ยบ connector so decided to try something different & hopefully simpler and more reliable before filling the system with coolant.

I'm going with the 5/8" pipe to keep things simple. The bottom edge of the heater is going to be mounted a little further out than the top so it inclines in the right direction for the bottom hose:

I'm using a direct 1/4" BSPT to 5/8" hose tail adaptor on the bottom pipe. The adaptor is much longer than the standard T7 hose tails so I'm hoping it gives the bottom pipe enough support; Its also too tight to get a jubilee clip in - although the only way I have been able to get pipes off that hose tail is to cut them off so again - hopefully we are good!

All back in place, I hope for the last time!
At least I'm getting some practice in removing/installing it; note also added the jubilee clips on the air hoses: