Wednesday 26 December 2012

Pegs & Aux Panel

Raid the peg basket

I thought I might get the vinyl covering on in one go,  two goes down and its getting close. The contact adhesive seems to need a little help while it dries - but luckily this time of year I can raid the clothes pegs to hold everything in place.

Note for reference - the plastic pegs are too strong and actually mark the covering slightly I stuck to wooden ones after this stage

I cut the covering to shape after the first glue was in place - probably simpler this way, i.e. for the first glue I didn't need to particularly line anything up accurately, and this second go the vinyl cannot move while I cut the tabs/inlets/holes etc:

Aux Panel

Last up - I decided to assemble the aux panel.
Its very tight now due to the layers of covering, but with a little persuasion will still go together. Buttons in place except the hot water push/pull which will go in after IVA.

I might get away with the rotary fan speed adjuster (bottom left of this picture) , I think it will sit in the exempt area behind the steering wheel,  if it doesn't it will temporarily come out.

All ready for wiring up.