Thursday 3 January 2013

Front mudguards

I'm waiting on some radiator fixing clips - to set off my chain of events for an egnine run i.e.
    Radiator clips
    Mount radiator
    Fit nose (for the last time)
    Fit bonnet catches
    Fit manifold (for the first & last time)
    Start the engine


Meanwhile; 


Time to prepare the front mudgaurds with their repeaters:

First up I checked them both; black = +ve, white = Ground; then 20mm holes to mount them; I used a spare washer for the template:

The step drill bit isn't my favourite tool - it tends to wander off centre & is difficult to control - it does leave a clean finish on GRP though & only needed a little further light filing to tidy up the reverse:

These do have a 'top' almost invisibly marked on the lens:

The G-clamps are to apply gentle pressure and hold the lamps in place; They have a bead of bond holding them tight applied from the inside: