Saturday 2 February 2013

Wheel arches

Completing the wheel arches, I bought some more rivnuts in the week and finalised the nearside arch - then as a guide marked the holes I had used onto the offside.

I moved the bolt holes on the offside slightly closer to the outside edge which will help it fit better; There are lots of chassis tubes in the area the arches are attached & it was trickier than expected to miss them all:

Both arches in place - the car is wonky due to the offside still being up on an axle stand; I had some work to do with the fuel system so left the wheel off:

Rather ad-hoc placement of bolts - really just positioned to hold the arch on flush & uneven to avoid the chassis tubes under the side panel:

Addendum - after some thought overnight:
I took the arch off and fitted some edge trim along the inside; my thinking is twofold: it will give me another seal against the side panel & makes the edge level across its width taking into account the tadpole moulding on the other side. When the nearside wheel is next off I'll do the same to that arch.