Monday 22 April 2013

Re seat the plenum

This evenings work consisted a short call to Simon @ GBS for advice, consulting Paul94's blog and re fitting the plenum & injector adaptor.

Current advice is to seal the plenum to the adaptor either with glue, grease or in my case my instant  gasket. Ensure the rubber 'o' rings which sit against the head & the injector 'o' rings have a smear of grease and assemble to avoid any air leaks:

Loctite 5922 instant gasket, the same stuff I used on the sump seal; This stuff isn't meant to ever completely dry but will allow me to dismantle again later if I need to:

This certainly made a difference, after re-installing everything the engine wouldn't tickover and needed more air through the IACV - a good sign - it must have been pulling in air from leaks previously.

I spent a while in the drive re-working the IACV table on the ECU; things seem much more stable now - i.e. predictable changes when the injection or air is changed. Hopefully this will help - I should just have time this week for another test at the local garage before IVA.

No comments :

Post a Comment