Thursday 30 May 2013

IVA - Passed!

Result! The IVA is passed and I have the certificate to prove it.

The final part was emissions; 

Simon @ GBS re-worked the map to use both my narrowband lambda correctly and adjusted the IACV settings to get through the emissions test. Both Lambda & IACV are options I decided to re-fit, many of the cars run without both or go wide-band Lambda.

GBS agreed to bring the car down and take it through the test - then if any tweaks were needed I had the experts on the job. Simon had already spent time setting the car up in Nottingham & checking with their local test station.

It sailed through the test first time... almost so quickly we didn't realise!

I met Simon & John at the Gillingham test centre around 2pm, sorted out the fee to the testing station and once the car was warmed up the test itself took less than 5 minutes; Simon held the revs at 2,800 then idle - the machine said YES, the inspector said YES & I have a nice official IVA certificate !

My Zero back in the garage after a month away - its been missed:

Thank you GBS: Richard, Keith, Simon & John


Next step DVLA, road tax & plates - now surely that is going to be easier than my fun & games with VOSA ?  (touches wood, salutes magpies, avoids black cats, ladders & mirrors).

No comments :

Post a Comment