Saturday 1 June 2013

Mountney Steering Wheel

First of the upgrades - off with the stock Sierra wheel and I'm installing a 12" Mountney in its place. This is the same model wheel I had on my old Spitfire, worked well enough then so sticking with it.

I kept the horn slip ring from the old wheel however its not actually wired in currently, just will save me taking the wheel hub off again if I decide to use the horn centre push:

Straightforward unbolt & torque back up again ensuring the indicator cancelling cam is in the right place.
I upgraded the supplied wheel to boss bolts with black button head allen bolts with shake proof nylocs on the reverse - just to match the style elsewhere on the car & nylocs 

Much better!
I just need to pick up a GBS centre badge at some point and we'll be good.

No comments :

Post a Comment