Sunday 10 November 2013

Radio installed, horn push working, IACV re-wired

The primary change going on was the Radio installation, while I had the aux panel off I also re-wired the switches to show when side lights are on & in the process moved the IACV 12v feed off the Aux Fuse & wired up the steering wheel centre horn push

Steering Wheel Horn Push

This just needed the steering slip ring terminals connecting to the button & Orange loom line connecting to same. The column itself turns out to be grounded so no need for anything else.

IACV

The IACV was working fine but originally I took its 12v permanent feed from the Aux panel circuit. I reconsidered this thinking if the Aux fuse blew due to using the lighter socket etc then I'd lose tick over on the engine too.

IACV 12v feed is now taken from the Alternator switched 12v input (not the battery line, but the fused line to the alternator rectifier.

Aux Wiring

I Re worked the Aux panel wiring as I went, using alternate connectors, these pictures were for reference more than anything else so if I needed to revert to the original configuration I could. I left the crimped spade connectors on the lighting groups - purple, blue, green etc & covered with shrink wrap - theres no point disturbing things that are working fine:

Moving to 3x waterproof connectors with 4 pins each - roughly power on one, switch signals on the  next & stereo speakers on the last. I pulled in a new permanent live feed; Dip beam signal drives the fog lamp, side lights drives the illumination:

Re-assembly

Everything re-assembled & tested:

Night view, as soon as the side lights are on they drive the back lighting on the Aux panel switches as well as the dash clocks:

... and a better demonstration of the brighter lights when depressed (bottom left is the heater fan):


The only pending items now are:

A polyswitch fuse (on order from Ebay) to sit across the FIA isolating switch and provide power to the radio & immobiliser even when its red key is removed. This will let the Radio remember stations and the immobiliser led flash.

A simple high pass filter on the speakers to allow even more volume - depending on my experience using them though.

Revision to the fog lamp button - see post note on the dimmer circuit to work in full tale-tale/indication mode for this lamp to meet MOT regulation.

No comments :

Post a Comment