Thursday 27 October 2016

Alan Lincoln - My Dad 1930-2016

A significant reason for this blog existing at all, apart from motivating me to complete the Zero build, was to also share the build progress with my Dad. 

Over the last four years the blog, as well as being public, was a personal news update - something we could share and talk about. Dad could see the progress (check my work :) ) on a daily/weekly basis, or watch the videos of the various road trips to Scotland or across Europe.


Dad died on 24th October 2016 on the last day of a family holiday.


It feels like the right thing to do to also record his passing here.

Just after the car was completed in 2013 I took Dad out for a run. 
I'm not sure he knew what he was letting himself in for! I hadn't spun the Zero at this point so possibly I was a little over confident in it's ability to stick to the road.



One of my favourite pictures of Dad back in the late 1940s or early 50s on his motorcycle: coat, tie and turn-ups as was his style.


Alan Lincoln 1930-2016
Husband, Brother, Father, Grandfather
Master builder, Joiner, Model maker & All round scratch builder of almost anything (especially from wood)

My Dad

2 comments :