Saturday 12 November 2016

AC Ace - head turner

A visit to the Haynes Motor Museum as part of a Birthday weekend away, and - my head was turned by something rather nice.

The AC Ace, the predecessor to the AC Cobra - but to my eye with nicer lines - high grille and a subtlety about its shape. Originally I chose the Zero because it wasn't trying to be anything but itself - straightforward and to the point - not a reproduction. (I know its a Seven - but you can't really say its a copy/repro/trying to be a Caterham)

However - the shape of this thing... hmmm....



No problem at all - an astronomically expensive and rare sports-car.... 

except...  

There is a firm, Hawk Cars, that makes a replica kit, and they are less than an hour down the road from where I live... synchronicity?

No, I'm not 'familiar with the works of Jung' - I've just read/seen The Eagle has Landed too many times. 😀

I do miss the build process...

Just a little daydreaming, for now :)

No comments :

Post a Comment