Monday 10 April 2017

Wet feet, Pedal box mod

Whenever it rains I get a leak over my right foot.

I've never definitively worked out the water route, I don't think it is puddling or coming in via the scuttle since I had rubber moulding in both locations, it also leaks when the car is just standing in the rain or being washed.

Strongly suspect the hole in the pedal box lid combined with my rear edge bonnet vents is the culprit.

So, while checking and re-adjusting the clutch cable, designed and made a simple waterproof flap which should stop any direct downward ingress while still providing access. The front edge is weighted to stop it lifting.

Afterthought - the cover may benefit from a couple of simple pleats in the front corners so it moulds more closely to the shape of the break fluid reservoir beneath. Need some rain to test it.

No comments :

Post a Comment