Tuesday 3 October 2017

Headed home

The route home through France via Nancy (overnight), Verdun and then Calais.
Its noticeably cooler through France I guess a combination of October & being that bit further north.

Arrived at Eurotunnel station in plenty of time - although my satnav made hard work of the last bit. I've programmed the Satnav to avoid large roads/motorways etc - so a destination which is only accessible from a motorway is a sort of paradox for it.

Safely on the train - the voice messages and sign indicating I should leave my windows open half way - got that covered!

This is what a few hundred miles of French roads does - GN13 isn't pristine in any way - she's a driver not a concourse car.

Home

Arrived home late evening, parked up all in one piece. Only permanent damage is something up with the drivers seat runners: some movement that wasn't there before which I need to look in to.

Liked that one - French, German, Austrian, Italian and Swiss roads and scenery all different - all with something to offer the touring driver. A few places earmarked to re-visit too.

No comments :

Post a Comment