Tuesday 20 February 2018

Testing - volts LED, Power distribution and crank breather

First chance to run the engine in ages.

Three changes to test:

Success 1
LED indicator works fine - showing red or amber when ignition is on, and then flips to green as soon as it sees the voltage climb, that should be easier to read at a glance than the volts clock.

Success 2
Power routing changes are excellent - between .5 and 1volt more showing on the volt meter - I actually see 14.5 volts when charging at ~1,000 revs. Well worth doing to make the shortest cabling runs with fewest connections possible.

This did require a tweak to the idle injection settings, I think the ECU battery voltage compensation was reducing cycle times a little over optimistically. I adjusted idle so the wideband is within its adjustment thresholds and feels like I need some more long distance driving to let the rest of the map settle down.

Success 3
No difference with the breather change - I checked by blocking the hole with my finger - engine isn't bothered either way. Time will tell if this stops my dipstick being pushed out on more spirited runs.

No comments :

Post a Comment