Sunday 15 July 2012

Secure the brake lines

I had the brake lines in place for a number of weeks, but did not want to secure them until I was sure the master cylinder was staying - i.e. I want each end of the run a fixed point before finalising anything. Now I have the brake reservoir these can be fixed in place.

P clips every 15cm or so.

I added fish tank tubing anywhere the lines run alongside a chassis member or round a corner, and upside down clips since I wanted to anchor to the panels rather than drilling the panels & chassis tubes:



I cant secure any further forward for a couple of reasons:
  1. Theres not enough room for my drill, I need a 90 degree attachment
  2. The exact location of the front ends of the brake lines are dictated by the holes in the side panels, which are not installed yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment