Monday 16 July 2012

Speed sensor bracket

Next in fitting the sensor bracket. I have the induction type sensor which needs lining up 2mm from the passing bolt heads on the diff. No magnet required.

The kit has a bracket: opened up the mounting holes to a slot for the sensor and widened the mounting holes to 9mm for rivnuts. It was a little wide too - so adjusted the length a little by tightening up the folds at each end.


Cardboard packing to give me a rough height above the diff flange, & my template for the end to drill through:

I bent the corners over, I suspect the loom will be resting somewhere here too so want to make sure there are no sharp corners. The bracket position is not critical since the sensor itself can be fitted vertically about +-2cm and slide in the slot fore/aft about the same.

The speed sensor roughly in position, it will be finalised when I fit the nearside tunnel panel & the bracket is rock solid. I have the induction type so it gets lined up 2mm above the prop shaft bolts & doesn't need a magnet.

At least I wont forget to fit it before enclosing the tunnel now!

No comments :

Post a Comment