Friday 26 April 2013

Nope - but just one item left

Back to Gillingham this afternoon for the re-test;

Emissions - Fail - Again!

I thought I would be ok on emissions - first time round she was fine at high revs but too rich at idle & I had practice at tweaking idle now - managed to get the CO down to 0.2/0.07 stored in the map -  but then high revs was too lean & you need 3 hands to adjust the map in the right place while holding the revs at 2.5k.

I had 2-3 goes but it just wasn't happening so we moved on to the other items;

Everything else checked out:

  • Noise down to 92dBA
  • Wobbly mirrors cured
  • Exterior projections fine with my silencer guard
  • The steering rack boots are still within a gnat's of the lower wishbone mounts and the tester thinks they might need adjusting for each MOT - but passed none the less.
  • The rear brakes a little uneven balance and the nearside could probably do with another bleed - but again - a pass.
A few pictures of the Zero & Me on the ramps at the testing station:





Overall another fail - just emissions to go - I think its time to invest in an all up dyno - I've had two tries at getting the mixture right & for whatever reason its beyond me.





Consolation

The consolation was a drive home in the car - the sun even came out for me & a total of 67 miles on the clock now.

Excellent to drive - even in moderate traffic through Maidstone, new eye sized windscreen/goggles do the trick I could actually see where I was going today:


Net result


Splashed wife - for some reason the passenger gets much wetter than the driver from road water ;) but she did enjoy the ride out.

Trouble with insurance (too long on the chassis number) so will have to cross that bridge too.

Need to organise a Dyno, seems like BD Engineering aren't around for a couple of weeks, need to do some research - The ideal would be a garage which could setup the engine & accompany the car through the IVA too (Like the GBS IVA service - but closer to home & only on the one emissions point)

We're getting close, very close...

No comments :

Post a Comment