Thursday 2 May 2013

Back to GBS

I have a plan,

I'm not getting anywhere trying to adjust the ECU on the fly at IVA, I decided to ask GBS to help get me through the final emissions test. They know the cars, and if its failing due to some assembly mistake on my part they will be able to correct that too.

The challenge is getting the car the 177 mile route back to the factory. My insurance is good on the chassis plate until Monday and IVA rules say I can drive to a pre-arranged appointment to fix any item outstanding from the test.

The car is good except emissions - so no reason I can think of not to drive it :)
  • Oil - check
  • Coolant - check
  • Spare wheel - check
  • Duct tape & basic tools - check
  • Power map installed - check
  • Breakdown cover - check
  • Fuel can - check
  • Windscreen - nope !
The only couple of bits of fabrication; a couple of swing clips to ensure the spare bracket bolts stay in place even if they manage to shake the thread lock loose. I have a broken 3.2mm drill bit which leaves only about 5mm of bit & means I could safely drill in this area without any risk of hitting the fuel tank above:



We shall see if I get there...


View Larger Map

The biggest challenge might be reaching up high enough to pay at the toll booths for Dartford tunnel.


If anyone sees a loon in a red Zero, no windscreen heading up the A1 tomorrow - give me a wave !

No comments :

Post a Comment