Saturday 1 November 2014

Puller replaced with Pusher Fan

The original puller fan, I thought at the time would be more discrete behind the radiator - with hindsight the compromise in size to fit there was probably a bad idea..

(The more I look at this picture the more I'm making a mental note to tidy up the wiring in there - nothing particularly wrong, just just looks messy :( )

Reverting to the original fan that came with the kit, I think its off a tin top of some sort. There is a lip sits in the bottom edge of the radiator, then requires 4x bespoke brackets made to hold it securely to the existing mounting points. This has has got to be better than the old fan which was mounted directly to/through the matrix:

Engine run up to temp once more to check air direction is correct & a clean up means its not really visible through the nose grille anyway; sometimes I just have to learn the hard way.

No comments :

Post a Comment