Saturday 7 May 2016

Today I have mostly been... printing de-mister vents

Fellow RhoCar club member shared his custom de-mister vent/duct design file - thank you Brumster

I spent most of the day tinkering and nursing my 3d printer through the production process. The machine is a PrintrBot Simple originally bought as an assembly project in itself for my Daughter. Since then only really used for printing out various demonstration trinkets.

It's a good machine, but printing objects isn't quite as simple as printing on paper. Its quite hypnotic watching it slowly build up the item from 0.3mm layers.

The ducts are more compact than the off the shelf ones to fit under the dash. Came out ok - a little warping/lifting on the bottom edge which will match the scuttle shape nicely.

My thinking is de-misting may be more use than the high level heater outlets, this is just preparation though, I'm not taking the windscreen off to fit them while the driving weather is so good.

Update - In the end changed my approach, using something simpler and lower profile.

No comments :

Post a Comment