Tuesday 7 June 2016

Berlin and Back, Prep

Preparation continues...

I spent my youth watching reruns of WWII movies on telly.
With utmost respect to those who lost their lives on either side in Operation Market Garden and Operation Chastise - my route should let me see the real locations where parts of these wartime missions played out.

Route settled:
   Ferry booked Dover/Dunkirk,
   Out through France, Belgium, Netherlands via Some historic river crossings,
   Return via the Eder and Mohne Reservoir Dams.

The trip badge takes a slightly different direction, emphasising the countries I will be traveling through and hopefully the design taking on a somewhat cosmopolitan feel.

The overall idea is a business trip to my employer's offices in Berlin. 
Three days out, weekend events and a little work then three days back.

No comments :

Post a Comment