Friday 19 May 2017

New Tyres - Hankook Ventus V12 evo2(K120)s

18.8k miles, 4 years in and the MOT flagged the rear tyres were on their last legs, still legal, but reported as an advisory. The offside rear had plenty of tread but wearing through the inside edge.

So time for a change - I've gone for Hankook Ventus V12 evo2(K120)s, fitted care of Staplehurst Tyres.

Chosen through a combination of reviews, price and wet performance. I need a general purpose tyre, nice as slicks/semi slicks look, I'm road use rather than track. The spare not being replaced - its not directional which makes more sense for a spare, I can use it on either side of the car.

Hankook's Symmetrical and Directional tread - I think a good compromise between practicality and looks. In theory if the inside blocks start to wear I could swap tyres (not wheels) side to side and even the wear pattern.

Need a few miles on them to run in and we shall see!

+ while watching chatting to the tyre fitters, an idea - I need some distinctive jacking point indications on the bottom of the car, either stickers or simple painted circles.

No comments :

Post a Comment