Sunday 18 June 2017

Sun Visor fitted

Theres always one stubborn bolt! This one decided it wasn't budging until I cut a new slot in the head and used a large screwdriver. You wouldn't have thought an M4 bolt into a couple of mm of aluminium could take so much force.

I have 5x of them each side holding my windscreen in, so apart from the inconvenience of having to order some more, I guess the screen is going nowhere!

Installed visors via 4x new tapped holes and thread-locked shortened M4 bolts.
This is also an opportunity to replace the bottom windscreen rubber with a longer section (not as long as pictured), and re-paint the wing mirrors and screen uprights - they get beaten up with stone chips.

That looks ok to me. Half hood will need adjustment - but I'll wait until I know these are staying before doing that. The angle currently set by friction of the through bolts acting on the crush tubes - if they move or work loose I'll replace the closed dome nuts with nylocs.

The centre rear view mirror is also out - I never could see anything but the spare tyre through it anyway.


Just needs a test!
They're not intended to block wind - just stop the direct line of rain over the screen straight into my eyes.

Update - adjusted when I added a rear view mirror so they miss it

No comments :

Post a Comment